5 December 2019 President Meta selects by lot the nine members of the Justice Appointments Council for 2020
The President of the Republic, H.E. Ilir Meta, in full compliance with the Constitutional and legal obligations, held today, December 5, 2019, at 12:00 h, the lottery draw for the election of the members of the Justice Appointments Council, that exercises the duty with a one-year mandate. The mandate of this council is exercised from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
The lot was cast in the presence of the Ombudsman, Mrs. Erinda Ballanca, who monitored the process together with the representatives of the institution she leads, the Chair of the High Prosecution Council Mr. Gent Ibrahimi, the Deputy Chair of the High Judicial Council Mr. Maksim Qoku, the representative of the Constitutional Court Mrs. Olta Aliaj, Chargé d’Affaires of the Embassy of the United States of America in Tirana, Mrs. Leyla Moses-Ones, representatives of the Albanian Assembly, Mrs. Klotilda Bushka, Chairperson of the Independent Coordination and Monitoring Commission for the Implementation of Law No. 115/2016, at the Albanian Assembluy, Mr. Artan Spahiu, Head of Legal Section of the Delegation of the European Union Mrs. Lenka Vitkova, etc.
The lottery process was broadcast live and with full transparency by the Albanian Public Television.
At the end of the draw, the members of the Justice Appointments Council that will function for 2020 are:
1. Fiona Papajorgji from the Constitutional Court;
2. Vitore Tusha from the Constitutional Court;
3. Ardian Dvorani from the High Court;
4. Arta Marku from the General Prosecutor’s Office;
5. Miranda Andoni from the Courts of Appeal;
6. Saida Dollani of the Courts of Appeal;
7. Ludovik Dodaj from the Prosecution Offices at the Courts of Appeal;
8. Fatjona Memçaj from the Prosecution Offices at the Courts of Appeal;
9. Arjan Qafa from the Administrative Courts.
With the same procedure, the Substitute Members of the Justice Appointments Council were elected for each institution, as following:
1. Marsida Xhaferllari from the Constitutional Court;
2. Bilbil Mete from the General Prosecutor’s Office;
3. Nazmi Troka from the Court of Appeals;
4. Nezir Gjoka from the Prosecution Offices at the Courts of Appeal;
5. Marjana Velçani (Idrizi) from the Administrative Courts.
Note: Due to the lack of candidates from the list sent by the High Judicial Council, the High Court has no substitute member.
Tirana, December 5, 2019, at 13:10