8 May 2021 Statement of the Media Adviser and the Spokesperson of the President of the Republic, Mr. Tedi Blushi
April 25 election process is not over yet.
Prestigious international organizations, which deal with election standards, are daily reacting clearly to the real truth of these elections.
We are all witnesses that:
– Vote buying has been a massive phenomenon;
– The government used public assets and funds in its political interest in the campaign;
– The process of vaccinating the population was used in function of the campaign of the ruling party;
– Citizens’ personal data were criminally misused;
– Immigrants from Greece and North Macedonia were unfairly denied the right to vote;
– Legalization permits and other rewards of this nature were granted to secure the vote of voters;
– Concession contracts were multiplied during the election process;
– Earthquake reimbursement funds were blocked for months to be misused two days before the election.
All electoral crimes must be uncovered, without delay, and all those officials, of any level, who have committed criminal offenses for violating the standards of the April 25 process must be brought to justice.
We must all help justice with facts and data that reveal the truths of this process.
Anyone who has committed electoral crimes should be punished and does not deserve a mandate in the Albanian Parliament.
Any candidate who has won a mandate with electoral crimes does not have the right to sit in the Assembly and represent the Albanian people.
It is very important that each vote is counted and recounted transparently until the end, according to the Electoral Code. Every appeal and constitutional process should be reviewed with objectivity and impartiality.
Justice must work now!
This is important for the country’s European future, and no “diversion” intended to cause distraction from the focus deserves a second of attention.